Sunday, February 13, 2011

JOIE DE VIVRE (or how beej is about to get her groove back.)

I need to get my act together. I've fallen into a rut of work, cooking, laundry, sleep and a few other basic life doings. I'm losing my joie de vivre and I don't like that one bit.

First a bit of bad news...we've lost our male lizard. He passed away earlier this week. I'd like to think that he died of a broken heart after his companion, Lucky, died not too long ago. But that idea might come from the romantic in me.

Now, the good news; my daughter Shannon is engaged to be married. it 'happened' a week ago today. I glanced out my window just in time to see her boyfriend, Clint, hold her hands as he went down on one knee. I saw him slip a ring on her finger and then lift her up into his arms and twirl her.

The happy couple:





4 comments:

  1. First of all, Congratulations on your daughters engagement! That is wonderful news. :)
    So sorry to hear about you Lizard(s) though. I know how much you love them.

    I know what you mean about the rut. I feel like I'm kind of there too.
    Blah!

    ((Hugs))
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I really have tears in my eyes today.. I have been sad lately and I am trying to keep upbeat about everything.. congrats on the engagement..

    I am sorry about the male.. He more than likely did die of a broken heart and he will see his sweety in animal heave.. Sorry I do believe in that stuff.. if there is a human heaven there has to be something for animals too right??!!LOL.. OK OK.. Happy V-day my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many congrats to the newly 2 b wed couple!!!My nephew Nathan knows all about lizards n snakes n stuff and has been in the same boat yer in now-please cheer up n' get out of that rut as fast as you can-you are way 2 cool 2 b regulated 2 a regular routine!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, you can do it! Just whistle if you want me. You know how to whistle, don't you? You just put your lips together and BLOW....

eXTReMe Tracker