Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Swiss Chicken Supreme

Yesterday I made another recipe from the Taste Of Home Comfort Foods Cookbook. I made Swiss Chicken Supreme. This was a really simple dish to make, smelled heavenly and was very tasty. I served it with side dishes of asparagus with French dressing, a prepared stuffing and fresh watermelon chunks.



SWISS CHICKEN SUPREME

Ingredients
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
1 tablespoon dried minced onion
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
4 slices (3/4 ounce each) reduced-fat Swiss cheese
1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
1/2 cup fat-free milk
1/3 cup crushed reduced-fat butter-flavored crackers (about 8 crackers)
1 teaspoon butter, melted



Directions
Place the chicken in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with minced onion, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Top each with a slice of cheese.






In a small bowl, combine the soup, sour cream and milk; pour over chicken. Toss the cracker crumbs and butter; sprinkle over chicken.







Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 4 servings.








I thought this was pretty good but so far my favorite remains the taco pie I made a couple of weeks ago. John's favorite remains the seafood chowder, the first recipe I made from the book.

If I make this again, I'm going to change a few things. I'm going to cut a pocket in each breast and fill it with rolled swiss cheese and ham, sort of like a cordon bleu. Then i'm cutting the milk back to 1/3 cup and adding a whole lot more of the crushed cracker topping.

1 comment:

Go ahead, you can do it! Just whistle if you want me. You know how to whistle, don't you? You just put your lips together and BLOW....

eXTReMe Tracker