Friday, November 27, 2009

Turkey & Tetrazzini





And here it is, and it was wonderful. The table is not fully set yet and the wing came off the turkey when I transferred it to the platter, but it still looks pretty. I'll make turkey tetrazzini tonight.


TURKEY TETRAZZINI

3/4 lb. mushrooms
1 small green pepper, slivered
1/4 cup butter or margarine
3 Tbsp flour
2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 1/2 cups light cream or half & half
4 to 6 cups diced cooked turkey (or chicken)
1 small jar diced pimentos
2 Tbsp sherry (optional)
6 oz thin spaghetti, cooked
2 eggs yolks, beaten
grated parmesan cheese

Slice and cook mushrooms and green pepper in butter for five minutes. Blend in flour and seasonings. Add cream, stirring constantly until thickened. Add turkey, pimentos, and sherry and heat. Add small amount of sauce to slightly beaten egg yolks; stir into remaining mixture. Pour over cooked spaghetti. Put into casserole dish and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Cover with foil. Bake 45 minutes in 300 degree oven. Serve with shaker of parmesan.



3 comments:

  1. Turkey tetrazzini - I don't have a clue how to pronounce it. Hell, I'm bad enough with English, piece of shit that it is.

    But it looks really good, send me a serving.

    The Thanksgiving dinner I went to on Wednesday had the best gravy, I mean really, really good, I wanted to stick them up for the rest of it so I could take it home.

    The one I went to on Thanksgiving was good also, it was at a Catholic church. Some of those cathlick chicks are pretty hot, they damn sure didn't appear to be headed for nunhood to me.

    Unless nuns are into showing sexy legs and cleavage these days. That would sure be a hell of an improvement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder where four dinners is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wondering about that too, Billy.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, you can do it! Just whistle if you want me. You know how to whistle, don't you? You just put your lips together and BLOW....

eXTReMe Tracker