Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The 100th Post

This is my 100th post. I knew it was coming and originally I wanted to write something spectacular. But what? I had no idea so I did what I usually do when I'm trying to figure something out; I googled.

I didn't know if I would come up with anything (dumb me) so I was stunned when 1,770,000 results popped up! Wow..I ought to get some sort of idea what to write about!

Nope. the vast majority said something like this:


"Happy news: It's my 100th post!! I can't believe it! It has been more than two months since my first post. How many great people I've met ..."

Or this:

"This post happens to be a milestone for my blog - yeah this marks the 100th post. The journey has been exciting so far."

Who cares? WHO CARES!!! You are not accepting an Oscar. You did not accomplish an amazing feat that won you a Nobel Prize. No. What has happened is that you sat here 100 times and wrote about yourself!

Okay, this is harsh. I know that. After all, some of these blogs are fun and funny and informative and highly entertaining. And it's true; I have met some of the most intelligent folks around the world. But I don't think an acceptance speech is called for.

I have to admit, some of the 100th post Google results were interesting. My favorite is probably this one:

"Today is my 100th Post! Happy Post Day to me or I should say to us. I would like to thank my producer, God."

(that one made me laugh out loud.)

Another was a lady who, in celebration, was raffling off a little gift for her readers.

A few honored their readers by posting "100 things about myself."

Another celebrated by baking banana bread and someone else wrote a song to mark the occasion.

So, back to myself. What will I do to mark the occasion of my 100th blog entry? I know exactly what I'm going to do; I'm going to begin writing the next 100. But in the meantime, I'm going to have another cup of coffee, and then go back to google and try to find the person who is raffling off a gift.
Maybe I'll win it.


And in the meantime..lets celebrate:

6 comments:

  1. Congrats! It is a funny milestone isn't it? I'm so glad you are doing this blog...it's shown a whole new side to your interests and it's so fun how many people have connected up with your blog. Hey...we're hitting the road this afternoon but I'll hopefully be posting pics over the next few days. Hope you have a wonderful holiday and Happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 100.. i am over six hundred over 3 years now. I just did my 3 year blogoversary... Nov 1st... So good luck and keep blogging.. I have been out of the loop lately...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Contrats, I've done over 1500 posts on my blogs so far. Today was 500 on the one I most often post on, when it gets to about 750 I'll retire it and start another blog.

    Anyway.....

    I picked up three thirty packs today and I'm going camping in the morning to get away from the christmas insanity for a while.

    The rest of you monkeys are in charge while I'm gone.

    *sighs*
    *rolls eyes*
    *groans*
    *snorts*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks all. 100 posts..yup, nothing to it. Not too shabby for a harried little Italian Southern mama.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm over halfway to a hundred myslef...sadly me not posts...;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahahaha!!! But you are one fine man, Four!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, you can do it! Just whistle if you want me. You know how to whistle, don't you? You just put your lips together and BLOW....

eXTReMe Tracker